TREW confidently stands behind all the products we make and thus we offer a practical lifetime warranty. Gear with defects in materials or construction will be replaced or repaired at the discretion of TREW for the practical lifetime of the gear. TREW covers the cost of repairs that we’re responsible for and will charge a reasonable price for any repairs resulting from normal wear and tear. Please reach out to our warranty department before altering any gear as alterations automatically void the warranty. All zipper replacements are done with industry standard YKK black zippers.
UPDATE 10/18 : WARRANTY REPAIRS ARE TAKING 5-8 WEEKS RIGHT NOW
The Warranty Claim Process (US & Canada)
For all warranty claims outside of North America, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download one of the two forms below and follow the instructions on the form
- If you live in the US, please download this form WARRANTY USA
- If you live in Canada, please download this form WARRANTY CANADA
- By law, all garments sent in for repair must be clean. Please wash gear before shipping. Any gear that is shipped in unclean will be returned to you to be cleaned.
- Include a copy of the warranty form with the gear and ship.
- TREW will follow up if the gear cannot be repaired. If you don't hear from us, that is usually a good sign. Turnaround time for a standard warranty repair is 4-6 weeks. Sometimes it will be a quicker turnaround, but during the peak season repairs can take up to 8 weeks.
Warranty and Repair FAQ
- What does ‘practical lifetime of a garment’ mean?
- We have always strived to design and engineer resilient gear as we realize that our gear is worn by some of the most daring and fearless badasses in the outdoors. While we do not expect our product to handle your hardcore lifestyle forever, we do expect our gear to keep up with you for its expected lifetime. Unfortunately, no gear will last indefinitely. Materials will breakdown and fade over time and we will cover your gear under our warranty until such a time that the gear has been worn out beyond reasonable repair. If the product shows signs of age such as the material has become thin or frayed, then we will take that into consideration when assessing your product for a warranty request. All our gear ages differently depending on the user. Bibs worn 150 days a year will age quicker than bibs that are worn by the weekend warrior. Caring for your gear will ensure a longer lifetime for gear and we recommend visiting our Product Care page for more information on how to look after your gear. We know you are smart because you bought TREW Gear, so use your own judgment when assessing whether your product is likely to be covered under our warranty policy. It may simply be time to replace your gear and we trewly hope to have the opportunity to provide you with more gear in the future.
- Will TREW repair or replace my product?
- If your TREW gear fails due to a manufacturing issue, we will repair the item at no charge to you. If the product is not repairable or the repair exceeds the value of the product, then we may choose to replace the gear. If we do replace your gear, we ask that you pay a shipping fee for the new gear.
- What happens if I rip or tear my gear?
- Skis, snowboards and crampons can act like knives when they come in contact with clothing. Luckily, we know some of the best technical seamstresses in North America who can make your gear look almost as good as new and are very reasonable with their fees.
- Do I need a RA Number?
- Nope! Just fill out the warranty form and send it in along with your clean gear.
- Who pays for shipping?
- We ask that you cover the cost of shipping warranty gear to TREW and we will cover the cost of shipping your gear back after it has been repaired. TREW Gear is not responsible for items that are lost or damaged during shipping and you are responsible for your gear until TREW signs for its delivery. If we decided to replace your gear, we ask that you cover the cost of shipping. We will reach out to you directly if we decide to replace your gear.
- What do repairs cost?
- Non-warranty repair costs range for $10-70 depending on the damage. We will pass all repair quotes onto you and will wait for your approval before we go through with the repair.
- How long will it take for gear to be repaired?
- Our typical turnaround time for warranty repairs is 4-6 weeks. In some cases, we can get it back to you sooner. In rare cases, it may take longer. Winter is the busiest season for our seamstresses and repair times can take up to 8 weeks. Please reach out to email@example.com with any time constraints you might have and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- Examples of manufacturing defects that will be covered:
- Straight edge tear along a seam
- Stitching defect that inhibits your ability to use the product (a few threads out of place does not qualify)
- Zipper malfunctions
- Missing or broken drawstrings and cords
- Velcro patches or snaps
- Seam taping
- Examples of wear and tear that will not be covered:
- Rips and tears
- Material wearing over time
- Damages such as color bleeding or loss of waterproof qualities resulting from improper washing
WooHoo! You made it to the end!
If you have any other questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org