Well, it's official. Winter has come to an end as of March 20th but that doesn't mean your winter threads have to be stowed away just yet. Instead, give them a quick-and-easy wash so that they can perform during those spring turns ahead.
One of the most common questions we get is, "can I wash my gear and how?" Yes, you can and we made a fun video to show you how.
Following this process will extend the life and maintain the performance of your outerwear. Step by step -
1. Gather your dirty gear, your detergent and a washer and dryer.
2. For detergent, we recommend using a product specifically formulated for outdoor gear like Nikwax or a mild or eco-friendly detergent like Nelly's. These tend to not have a lot of additives or perfumes that will form a residue on the outside of your garment.
3. Next, before popping your garment in the washer you're going to want to close all the zipper openings or velcro tabs to make sure nothing tears during the wash cycle. Also, don't turn the garment inside out since you'll be cleaning the outside of the fabric.
4. Before washing, you're going to want to rinse the detergent compartment to clear away any leftover dirt or other residues.
5. Put your garment in the washer and add 100ML of Nikwax for 2 garments.
6. Select warm water (If using Nikwax), then push START!
7. Once the garment is done washing, pop it in the dryer on regular heat and dry until warm to the touch.
8. Once it's done drying, throw it on, get outside and keep it thumbs up! If you take care of your gear it'll take care of you, which is good for the environment and your pocket.
Take care of your gear and it'll take care of you, which is good for the environment and your pocket.
Visit http://www.trewgear.com today! Follow us on social at @trewgear and subscribe to our Youtube channel for updated content and information. TREWth!